Albion Exchange Development
PEP Solutions is ecstatic to announce that we have been involved with the Albion Exchange development, as proposed by Geon Property. The property will be a four-hectare, 10-stage transit-oriented development (TOD) project for Albion Station and surrounding sites.
The 15-year project is part of the Queensland Government’s election commitment to upgrade Albion Station and its connectivity with surrounding areas. The project sets out to connect the segregated east and west sides of the Albion Station, and create a community hub which boasts new residential accommodation, office space, dining and shopping facilities, including $28.7M of upgraded transport facilities and public access to the Albion Train Station. The development has been designed by Hames Sharley Architects and is valued as a $750 million development.
PEP Solutions provided high level cost planning advice for Albion Exchange. Our assessment of quantities and costs related to the construction of the QR works, the urban plaza and connections either side of the rail corridor, basement structures including separation for separate users, retail and commercial spaces, and two towers of 15 and 22 storeys. PEP’s services to Geon Property for this project included:
- Visiting the site and identifying the relevant constraints
- Reviewing sketch drawings provided and interpolating requirements
- Reviewing project briefs and extent of QR works to be delivered
- Liaising with team consultants to develop better outcomes and solutions
- Quantifying separate budget groupings and timing allocation purposes
- Understanding the interactions between services and maintaining access
- Quantifying and estimating costs including researching authority requirements
- Exploring the processes and various activities associated with ultimate delivery
- Presenting high level report with full commentary of approach and assessment criteria
- Final meeting to discuss the resulting cost plan estimate
PEP Solutions is proud to have played a part in this amazing development that seeks to richen the community in Albion and the broader Brisbane region. You can read more about this amazing development on the Brisbane Development site, as linked below.